12.2.12

Que frío!!

Winter has finally set in and it's cold. Really cold. My Spanish colleagues always ask me, "Is it cold for you here?" Yes, indeed it is. With temperatures around parts of Europe well below zero it's hard to do anything. I hate being outside when it is cold. But Madrileńos are braving the weather, which for them is "not so bad", continuing to indulge in their love of being outside. Me? I'm considering hibernating until the warm Spanish sun returns. While the winter has been quite mild, no snow, little rain, I am still a wimp when it comes to cold weather. So during these last few weeks I've been avoiding going outside and instead preparing for the year ahead: making travel plans, doing indoor activities like going to the museums in my neighborhood and trying to decide what to do for the summer and the fall. The program that I am teaching with has an option to renew for a second year and while I am quite tempted the jury is still out. But I am considering working in a summer camp in Spain or Italy or taking on random jobs and seeing where they lead me. For now though I can only dream of warmer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment