Alas, it has been too long since my last post. This chica has been very busy!
But I'm finally at the point that I've longed for. The man at the locutorio (computer/cell phone shop) around the corner from my house recognizes me and expects to see me on Sundays when I arrive in the afternoon to complete my homework for my online courses.
The bus drivers recognize me when I get on the bus and I can make friendly conversation with random people. Ah yes...feeling a bit settled.
The lay of the land is stored in my memory bank and I can now navigate the windy cobblestone streets of Madrid.
I'm starting to embrace this adventure in its totality, the bueno, the malo, y the feo.
Looking forward to celebrating my birthday at the end of the month with new friends in a new and exciting place!
No comments:
Post a Comment