21.11.11

Top 10 Things I Love About Madrid!

Top Ten Things I Love About Madrid

1. The Gente (people)...Spanish people are for the most part friendly, giving and helpful. Hard to resist!

2. The Jamon! I went to a ham festival in Plaza Mayor and tasted some of the best ham ever!

3. The Art...I've always loved art and art history and to live around the corner from two of the best museums in Europe is amazing.

4. The Outgoing spirit of MadrileƱos...they love to eat outside, walk outside, and be outside!

5. Passion...People in Madrid will argue over the most minute things from which wine is better to which bar to drink the night away at. Just so passionate about everything...

6. Random finds...I love that walking down a Calle (street) on a Saturday night I can wander into a traditional tapas bar, Jazz lounge, restaurant, salsa club, etc. Just so many options...

7. Small city, big heart...to me the scope and size of Madrid is small. It is no London, nor NYC. But I love that I can walk most of the city (and have on occasion) and that despite the small scope the city makes up for it packing fun and excitement into each square inch or is that kilometer.

8. Narrow windy streets are especially fun to wander down for an evening stroll...

9. Siesta!! It is inconvenient at times but overall I think I love it...

10. No pasa nada...the general don't worry, be happy vibe that the people have. It makes living much simpler...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie - So glad you're having a wonderful time in Madrid. xoxo - Stephanie Sheehy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie! - Thank you! You were right all along, I am having a wonderful time. I miss you all so much though! Hope you are well...Jackie

    ReplyDelete