24.11.11

Happy Thanksgiving!

Being away from home on holidays is hard. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it arrives just before my birthday. I always enjoy seeing my family and friends and of course indulging in a great meal!

Today my colleagues and a few of my students at school wished me a Happy Thanksgiving and engaged me in conversation about the holiday and traditional foods. It made me feel special that they would consider my feelings. I really appreciate that they think of me and recognize my holidays, traditions, and make an effort to get to know and include me. Sometimes I forget that English isn't the only thing I am teaching and that this exchange of language and culture permeates even the most pequeño aspects of my life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jackey!!! Love reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jun!!! Thanks for reading! Miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete