25.12.11

Feliz Navidad! (Vesele Vanoce)

Spending Christmas away from my friends and family for the first time, I was not sure what to expect. The days just before the holiday were a bit tough including spending one hour stranded at a train station at 6 a.m. in a small town called Pinto, followed by a trip to the urgencias (ER) a couple days later which gave me my first cat scan souvenir from this adventure known as my life. It was rather difficult trying to explain in Spanish that I walked into a concrete wall in my apartment, but I managed.

Amid this chaos, as the holiday approached and school began to wind down, I planned a trip around a few cities in Europe with a fellow auxiliar. Our first destination, Prague. As I write this, sitting with a view of a castle on a hill on Christmas Day in Praha, I can't help but feel appreciative of this experience. The food in the Czech Republic was great, as are the sights.

Onward to Vienna and Berlin! Vesele Vanoce, Feliz Navidad, Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment