Well, I've made a decision. This is not a gap year (or two as it would seem now). I am not escaping my "real" life or avoiding my responsibilities.
I am living a dream that I've had since I was a child. Living abroad. Being an expat. Exploring the minute crevices of the world. The truth is I'm not sure when this journey will end. So far it's taken me beyond any expectations that I ever imagined. So...why stop now? I can't think of one reason.
What I have decided is that I will tentatively put a five year time fame on my explorations. After five years I will reexamine my life and happiness abroad. I've also decided to pursue my part time hobby endeavors more fully. I am going to pursue writing more, working freelance (which has been going quite well the last year or so) and living in a different country. My goal is to live abroad without teaching English as my main source of income. Even if for a time.
Perhaps after years abroad it might be more difficult to reintegrate into "normal" society. Though the dreaded "9-5" life scares me more than any doubts I have about how I'm currently living.
So that's it. I'll keep living, creating, imagining and exploring. I plan to visit home at least annually though as I think it's important to see my amazing family and friends that I miss so much. But I cannot so easily relinquish this lifestyle. So...me voy a quedar fuera.
Yay! I will visit you from London mi hermana.
ReplyDelete